We are two multi-award winning wedding photographers who have built successful businesses by providing documentary wedding photography to high-end and celebrity clients such as James Corden, Ed O'Brien (Radiohead), Joe Hart, and Kevin Pietersen. Together we have nearly fifty years of experience within the industry and a real passion for the art and craft of wedding photography.
Now, for the first time, we have come together to share our photography, shooting methods, psychology, and business practices. If you want to find out what it takes to have a long and successful career in wedding photography, or if you are in need of some inspiration and a fresh way of looking at your photography and business, this two-day masterclass is for you.
Our relationship started through mutual respect for each other's work and has grown into a friendship which has lasted for many years. We are both straight talkers, passionate about great photography, and have a desire to do things the right way.
We have been shooting successfully at the highest level for many years. Jeff in the North of the UK and David in the South. One of us is known for his immaculately composed available-light photographs and the other for spontaneous in-the-moment dynamic images often accentuated by off-camera flash. Two different approaches to the same subject which both appeal to the high-end wedding marketplace.
The drive to constantly push the envelope, develop our craft, and continue to learn and improve our work is something we very much have in common.
Individually, we have taught wedding photographers from all over the globe. Past students have gone on to become camera ambassadors, influencers, and highly successful wedding photographers. We believe that the wealth of experience and expertise we offer is unmatched in today's workshop environment.
If you want to see what it really takes to make it as a wedding photographer, we’d love to show you.
Over two days, we will be covering the following topics
Exploring composition, available light, moment.
The importance of storytelling and looking beyond the obvious.
Finding your style and approach.
Working with the minimum amount of gear.
Off-camera flash and working with dark venues, evening receptions, and dancing.
Working as a photography team on the wedding day.
How to work in close proximity to your subject.
Understanding relationships and body language.
The thought processes that are used when shooting.
Finding your USP.
Shooting for clients and not awards.
Standing out in a crowded marketplace.
Setting your prices and product range.
Contracts and privacy.
EDITING & WORKFLOW
Streamlining your workflow .
Processing tips to add value to your work.
Making a first impression - galleries, slideshows and album design.
The cost per delegate is just £450 which is a great price given the level of experience and information that will be shared. The price includes a decent buffet lunch, pastries, teas and coffee. Don't forget, the fee is 100% tax deductible against your business.
David and Jeff will be staying at the hotel so chatting about all things photography will no doubt continue well into the evening.
To reserve your place, we require a non-refundable retainer of £100. The balance is payable by 11th August 2019. Please use the PayPal link. Booking is subject to our terms and conditions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Ascough & Pullum reserve the right to alter the content of the masterclass at any time.
2. Places are on a first-come, first served basis. A non-refundable booking fee of £100 is required to secure your place. The balance of £350 is required by 11th August 2019. A PayPal invoice for this amount will be sent to you before this date.
3. If you wish to cancel your place within one month of the event, then all monies paid will be refunded (less booking fee) ONLY if we are able to find another delegate to take your place.
4. In the unlikely event that the masterclass is cancelled by Ascough & Pullum, all monies paid will be refunded. Ascough & Pullum are not liable for transport or accommodation costs or any other expenses accrued by delegates.
5. Ascough & Pullum are not responsible for the security of personal belongings or camera and computer equipment.
6. Delegates are responsible for the booking of hotel accommodation.
7. Ascough & Pullum are not responsible for delegates who are unable to attend the masterclass due to problems with traffic, airlines, visas etc.
8. Delegates must ensure that they are fluent in English.